Monday, March 11, 2013

Explore Betelgeuse in SL and Remember Douglas Adams Today!

Visit here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Betelgeuse%205/128/128/21

3-14-13 Addendum:  So, I've been hanging out in Betelgeuse some because it's just that awesome and I've been showing it off to friends.  During this time I've met the owners and found out the build is about two and half years old.  It intially was the home of Onagh Ashbourne and Bennynatural Carter who developed it and later opened it to the public so as to share with everyone.  Onagh had been very inviting and friendly to myself and company and it's obviously been a true labor of love making the place what it's become today. I have to say I'm very impressed with it all.

Betelgueuse Collage by Kara 2

I found this amazing sim. It's huge and it has many places that are unique, varried, and so well put together. I will show some photos I took, but be sure to check it out for yourself.
Betelgeuse by Kara 2
Betelgueuse by Kara 2
The sim information states:
"Welcome to a small planet somewhere in the vacinity of Betelgeuse"
"* B5 - A Small Planet Somewhere In The Vicinity Of Betelgeuse * B5 is a CCS sci-fi cyberpunk &fantasy dark RP combat sim on a strange alien planet with diverse environments & hidden secrets inspired by Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"   I went all over exploring and had a fun time of it. Be sure to read all the sim information and rules.  The land indicates it's group owned with sim owner being Onagh Ashbourne.  Later I met Claudy Deed who is one of the builders.   

The funny thing is, when I landed at the default landing it appeared to be a cyber type environment, but I ran headlong up some passageways into what appears to be a full out fantasy area so donned my fairy outfit for some pics. In this area I found glowy, colorful foliage, giant light snails, cuddle areas, beautiful plants and lights and small buildings around a watery area.  I noted gateways around to other areas and a note card that indicated it was a RP sim so to be mindful.  It was only later when I teleported back to the landing to head in a different direction that I did find a cyber city looking area.  I also found a very good art gallery area, some fun underground tunnels to some creepy places, green gooey sewer systems, a club, shops, various dwellings, tubes and tunnels, a church, and so much more.  The sim is loaded with interesting nooks to explore, wonderful colors, builds, poses, textures, and lights. I even found an enclosed area with two avatar (bots I assume) monster type beings apparently having their human lunches.
Betelgueuse by Kara 2
It's Douglas Adams birthday today--author of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy! So it is very ironic I happened upon this sim late last night/this morning wandering aimlessly as I often do in the wee hours of the morning, and now I am back really exploring it today. Douglas died in 2001 at the age of 49, but were he still living this is his birthday. Today he is the subject of the interactive google doodle. Google and click the Douglas inspired doodle today!
Betelgueuse by Kara 2
Betelgueuse by Kara 2

Betelgueuse by Kara 2

google doodle by Kara 2
(This was what the google doodle looked like.. it was interactive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment