Sunday, July 5, 2015

Imagine at ExtravaDanza---A Must See Show

Visit here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ExtravaDanza/128/128/22

Imagine!

I just went to one of the coolest shows I've been to in SL for a long time.  I was running late and even missed some of it.  I had not even heard about it yet and Duchess Fluss, a new friend and landlord of an art sim grouping that also hosts The Secret Affair invited me over.  I ran over and the sim was full after I landed so a greeter walked me over to this huge magic carpet.  I never did count how many people it held but it was full and I think I got the last or one of the last cushions on it.  The audience was seated on and riding this magic carpet, and when I jumped on it had paused in the scenic landscape near a Peter Pan ship area where the dancers, dressed as the story characters, danced on the ship, flew around, and entertained us with special effects, movements, particles etc. Once the song finished the magic carpet driven by Jiminie Cricket led us to another scene and that is how we progressed around the sim for this show.  The costumes, sets, choreography, special effects, etc were all very impressive.  Something unique.  Everything was fully immersive.  I'd like the sim anyway just to explore much less being in this show and becoming a part of the show and watching the entertainers as we did.  Apparently they have had 3 shows so far with 3 left.  Be sure not to miss this event.   Some of the dances included: Peter Pan, Frozen, Aladdin, Rapunzel, Pocahontas, Once Upon a Dream, Jungle Book, sleeping beauty, Cinderella, and I think I missed something at the beginning as I was about 15 minutes late. 

I will quote their invite here:
"Let us take you on a magic ride around our Fairytale land and see all your favorite storybook heroes come to life!
Imagine! is a dance spectacle spanning over a whole sim, brought to you by Extravadanza, in collaboration with Elysium and The Night Theater. The teams behind the Christmas Extravadanza show on LEA and the Fantasme show from the Fantasy Faire.
Come and let us entertain you and submerge yourself in this land of magic and wonder.
July 3rd at 9pm SLT
July 4th and 5th at 12noon SLT
July 10th at 9pm SLT
July 11th and 12th at 12noon SLT
IMAGINE!  Where fairy tales come to life!"
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ExtravaDanza/106/127/22

When you go take the time to prepare yourself a little for optimal pleasure unlike me (I ran in late after having changed a bunch of clothes and no relogging for a long while).  Maybe take off your name tags, wear low script outfits and adhere to SL general recommendations for busy shows as they do make use of particles and movements. In spite of that I seemed to rez pretty well and I just didn't turn on high graphics.... so what you see is what you get in my photos with nothing extra in medium graphics setting with no special windlights.  Please don't miss this show.. there clearly has been a lot of time and expense put into this and it shows in the quality of the event.  Enjoy!
ExtravaDanza ExtravaDanza ExtravaDanza ExtravaDanza ExtravaDanza ExtravaDanza

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful review!!! Thank you so much, Kara!!! We really appreciate you joining us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fantastic.. ty for making my SL even more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete